Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: VAB
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 238
- Pure Stock
Detritus I named for all the junk that falls of it on its way to and from the surface of Eve. Not recommend to land or launch from anywhere you don’t want debris falling down on.
Update 12018.4.1: Updated to KSP 1.4.2, aligned all wheels to ease of dragging spacecraft around Eve.
A retroactive upgrade over the Detritus, using its 5-Kerbal predecessor. This uses wheeled landing gear that can handle Eve gravity better then wheel-less landing gear. Also include ladders.
Fully fueled can go from KSC to LKO without staging, refueled in LKO it can go to Eve Surface. Refueled on Eve’s surface it can make it to LEO… and no further.
A stock rocket called Shroom Tree I. Built with 238 of the finest parts, its root part is mk1-3pod. Built in the VAB in KSP version 1.4.2.
To Eve Surface:
-2. Take off from Kerbin, do not stage, activate crossfeed on coupling between final stage. Should be able to enter orbit with ~800 m/s to spare. Extend solar panels
-1. You will need to refuel in LKO with your own system. You will need at least an added 1000 m/s in delta-v.
0. Go to Eve transfer orbit, inflate heat sheilds, aerobrake or aerocapture in prograde position or land directly. Place remaining fuel in forward fuel tanks to keep center of mass far ahead of center of drag. Remember to open/close solar panels when going above/below atmosphere limit. WARNING: DO NOT ENTER EVE ATMOSPHERE FULLY FUELED!
1. Continue in prograde position in respect to surface speed until reaching an airspeed of 300 m/s, then stage the stern braking ballutes. G Loads should top out at 10 G Max during entry.
2. Turn off SAS and reverse the fin’s control direction to -150 and activate SAS to retrograde position and allow the ship to stablize in retrograde position. Move fuel to lower tanks to help stabilize retrograde position.
3. Stage the bow heat.
4. Stage the drague parachutes.
5. When drague parachutes open and reduce speed, stage the main parachutes and extend landing gear.
6. When approaching the ground throttle the engines to cushion the landing.
7. Extend solar panels once landing and stage spent parachutes and extend ladders
Off Eve Surface:
0. Refuel on Eve via a mining base of your own design. Load Kerbals via ladder or how ever.
1. Make sure cross-feed is disable on upper stage decoupler and that fins are at set to 100. Retract Solar Panels and ladders.
2. Take off and retract landing gear then stage them.
3. Go up vertical, stage each stage until you are down to the core stage.
4. Begin turn above 25 km altitude and do not go below 65° slope.
5. Stage to final stage, go to a 0° slope and keep going until getting a projected apogee of 120-150 km.
6. Circularize at apogee, should have ~500-1000 m/s of fuel left.
7. Open solar panels in orbit.
* You will need another ship of your own design to dock and transfer out the kerbals, and take them back to Kerbin.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote