Paste a url where
can be downloaded
Spinning spaceship for long term deep space missions. Uses KAS to extend/retract the habitat module from the main section. Use Persistent Rotation Mod to maintain rotation though time warps and leaving the ship.
1. Attach KAS winchs to ports on habitat module.
2. Spin up ship using flywheels and/or RCS.
3. Decouple docking port connecting habitat module to main section.
4. Extend Winches
5. Switch a winch to docked mode
6. Pray to Kraken regularly that nothing goes wrong.
1. Switch a winch to undocked mode, make sure you are controlling the main section.
2. Retract Winches to 0.6-0.8 m, make sure they are even.
3. Spin down ship using flywheel and/or RCS, docking port should reconnect once it spins down enough.
A mod rocket called Explorer 3. Built with 138 of the finest parts, its root part is dockingPortLarge.
Built in the VAB in KSP version 1.2.2.
- Type: VAB
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 138
- Mods: 2
- Kerbal Attachment System
- Squad (stock)
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote