Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: VAB
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 253
- Pure Stock
Named for all the junk that sheds off it. Alternate name =
Shroom Tree III
So you got Kerbals on Eve and want to get them off, or you have tourist that want to get to Eve and back? This can take 20 Kerbals off Eve and into LEO. Earlier version based on the same booster could lift 5 or 10 kerbals, this version can lift 20 Kerbals at the cost of having no RCS, no added batteries and only 6 tiny non-sun tracking solar panels for power. If you want an earlier version I will post them on request.
To Eve Surface:
-2. Take off from Kerbin, do not stage, activate crossfeed on coupling between final stage. Should be able to enter orbit with ~800 m/s to spare.
-1. You will need to refuel in LKO with your own system. You will need at least an added 1000 m/s in delta-v.
0. Go to Eve transfer orbit, inflate heat sheilds, aerobrake or aerocapture in prograde position or land directly. Place remaining fuel in forward fuel tanks to keep center of mass far ahead of center of drag. DO NOT ENTER EVE ATMOSPHERE FULLY FUELED!
1. Continue in prograde position in respect to surface speed until reaching an airspeed of 300 m/s, then stage the stern braking ballutes. G Loads should top out at 10 G Max during entry.
2. Turn off SAS (or you can reverse the fin’s control direction to -150 and activate SAS to retrograde position) and allow the ship to turn to retrograde position naturally.
3. Stage the bow heat shields when the ship enters retrograde position.
4. Stage the drague parachutes
5. When drague parachutes open and reduce speed, stage the main parachutes and extend landing gear.
6. When approaching the ground throttle the engines to cushion the landing, can’t land on terrain exceeding 10° slope without breaking landing gear. Best to throttle down gently once touching down to prevent breaking landing gear.
Off Eve Surface:
-1. Unload or load Kerbels via garbing/docking surface vehicle of your own design.
0. Refuel on Eve via a mining base of your own design.
1. Take off and stage gear and spent parachutes pods.
2. Go up vertical, stage each stage until you are down to the core stage.
3. Begin turn above 25 km altitude and do not go below 65° slope.
4. Stage to final stage, go to a 0° slope and keep going until getting a projected apogee of 120-150 km.
5. Circularize at apogee, should have ~400-500 m/s of fuel left.
* You will need another ship of your own design to dock and transfer out the kerbals, and take them back to Kerbin.
A stock rocket called Detritus : Eve Return. Built with 253 of the finest parts, its root part is adapterSize3-Mk3.
Built in the VAB in KSP version 1.3.1.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote