Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 94
- Mods: 10
- Aircraft Carrier Accessories
- Aviation Lights
- MechJeb 2
- Mk2 Stockalike Expansion
- Near Future Electrical
- Prakasa Aeroworks
- Squad (stock)
- Stock Extension
After years of design, Raptor Aerospace Industries Proudly presents the Courageous-Class Light Cruiser, the first in the new line of United Kerbin Star Command (UKSC) starships.
Based off Doug Drexler’s design for the Intrepid-class light cruiser in CBS’s
Star Trek: Enterprise, the Courageous-Class is the easiest solution to explore the stars, capable of reaching orbit without a bulky ascent vehicle or needing to be assembled in an orbiting dry dock.
(Note: This craft is tested and compatible with 1.3.1, and is likely compatible with 1.4.2. Simply go into the .craft file and change the number beside
version to whichever version you are playing.)
Please read the
Important Notes section below.
The Courageous-Class is a light cruiser, designed for short range (within the Kerbol system) science and to serve as an escort for unarmed freighters.
Capable of atmospheric flight, the Courageous-class is able to take off from the surface of Kerbin without a launch vehicle. However, due to a lack of landing struts, the Courageous-class is unable to land on the surface of a planet. To land crew, a Type-NX shuttlepod must be used.
There are numerous uses applications to the Courageous-Class, including (but not limited to):
- Light research missions
- Space search and rescue and evacuation
- Civilian escort
- Orbital and atmospheric combat
- Personnel ferrying to and from outposts
The mod for the GN drive is not
Aircraft Carrier Accessories, but the GN drive mod. KerbalX identifies the mod wrong.
In order to take off from Kerbin, the GN condenser drives must be activated before launch. Immediately after releasing the launch clamps, press the
K key to ascend, and increase the throttle. During the initial ascent, you will have to feather the
K key to maintain altitude. However, upon reaching a surface velocity of 250m/s, the need to do this will decrease.
It is recommended that the nuclear reactor and GN condenser frames be activated in the following sequence before launch:
- Activate radiators (Action group 5)
- Activate MX-1
Prometheusnuclear reactor (Near future reactor toolbar)
- Upon the nuclear reactor reaching 100%, activate the GN condenser frames (Action Group 8) During launch, maintain a 20-35 degree ascent.
It is important to run the reactor and GN condenser frames during flight to continuously regenerate GN particles, as the GN condenser drives will burn out when the supply is deleted, and cannot be reactivated until the supply is fully restored. However, due to the limitations of the GN condenser drives, with both engines running at 1.0x maximum overload, full throttle cannot be maintained indefinitely. Reduced throttle or reduced maximum overload is necessary to maintain continuous acceleration.
The Type-NX shuttlepod is not included with the ship, in order to reduce the number of required mods. However, it can be downloaded separately.
- Two (2) M230 30mm chain guns 2400 total rounds, total 115.2 seconds total firing time when in salvo.
- Dry Mass: 35.760 tons
- Wet Mass: 66.527 tons
- Standard Complement Mass**: 71.380 tons
- Reactor Lifetime (at 100% power): 5 years, 12 days, 3 hours and 50 minutes.
- Direct Communications Range: 100 Gigameters
- Relay Communications Range: 5 Megameters
- Capacity for eight (8) passengers and crew
- Utility bay capable of containing science equipment and micro-probes.
- Standard suite of navigation lights
- Full RCS thruster suite
- Two (2) AN/APG-63 Radomes, with 120 degree FOV forward and aft.
- Two (2) PAPD
Vivekeeion engines for secondary propulsion.
- Two (2) Clamp-O-Tron Jr. docking ports, located on the aft and dorsal sections.
- One (1) Shielded Clamp-O-Tron docking port on the ventral side.
** A full complement includes the wet mass of one (1) Type-NX shuttlepod.
 - Toggle Shuttlepod GN drive
 - Open/Close Shuttlebay doors
 - (Unassigned)
 - Toggle Shuttlepod GN particle generator
 - Activate reactor radiators
 - Open reactor control UI
 - Toggle GN drive
 - Toggle GN particle generator
 - Toggle ion engines
 - Toggle Navigation Lights
[Abort] - Reactor shutdown, deactivate all engines.
Proudly brought to you by Raptor Aviation and Aerospace Technologies
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote