Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 85
- Mods: 4
- Aviation Lights
- Mark IV Spaceplane System
- Squad (stock)
- TweakScale - Rescale Everything!
The latest aircraft developed by Raptor Aviation and Aerospace Technologies, the C-9 ‘Titan’ is among the finest aircraft when it comes to high speed, heavy lifting, and versatility, with a wide range of applications.
Please read the
Important Information section below before downloading this aircraft.
The C-9 Titan weighs a monstrous 165 tons, but is able to take off in under 600 meters without cargo - an impressively short distance for such a *Titan©. It has multiple applications, including, but not limited to:
- Military bombing - Utilizing the ventral cargo bays
- Reconnaissance - Despite the Titan’s bulk, it’s extremely high speed will allow it to outrun most surface-to-air missiles, without the need for flares or chaff.
- Cargo transport
- Personnel and civilian transport
With a steep ascent at full throttle, the C-9 Titan can gain enough speed to nearly escape the atmosphere. Making suborbital hops in and out of the stratosphere may conserve fuel (reports vary). Since the engines will cut out at about 28000m, you can go around 100 kilometers without using any fuel. However, this is not an option with heavy payloads.
- Maximum Airspeed: Mach 4.25
- Service Ceiling*: 23500m
- Capacity for 16 Passengers
- 77 tons (16040 units) of fuel, including 1 ton (200 units) of fuel in reserve, which is stored in the tail section
- Standard suite of navigation lights
- Four AE-4 ‘Valkyrie’ Turbo Ramjet engines
In order to conserve fuel, it is highly recommended to reduce the throttle. At cruising altitude (10,000-20,000m), the aircraft can make mach 2 at only 1/3-½ throttle, so going full throttle throughout the entire journey is not only unecessary, but highly inefficient. While the four engines are enormously powerful, they also have an enormous fuel consumption. With careful control of the throttle, you can make it half way around Kerbin without needing to refuel
 Toggle Engines
 Toggle Ladder
 Toggle Ventral Doors
 Toggle Rear Ramp
 Deploy Drogue Chutes
 Toggle Navigation Lights
*The C-9 ‘Titan’ is not actually copyrighted. The copyright symbol was there simply for comedic effect. However, we request that you do not re-post our craft without our permission.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.2.2.
Proudly brought to you by Raptor Aviation and Aerospace Technologies
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote