Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A stock aircraft called Dunasoar. Built with 120 of the finest parts, its root part is Mark1Cockpit.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.2.2.
Airplane designed for Duna exploration, it can transport 5 kerbals. Max speed is about 175m/s.
It uses electric fairing prop engines powered by fuel cells. Thanks to the claw located inside each engine nacelle you can re-dock the propellers to the main craft. That way you don’t have to worry about the engines falling apart when you leave physics range, and you can use the plane multiple times. Just make sure that the engines are not spinning before using the claw, otherwise they might break.
- engage the brakes,
- turn on the fuel cells,
- press 0 to decouple the rotors,
- engage SAS on the plane,
- switch to the rotors, use Alt+E or Alt+Q to trim them all the way,
- switch back to the plane disengage the brakes,
- takeoff at 55 m/s,
- at about 100 m/s switch to the each of the propellers and press 1 to toggle the blade pitch.
- find nice flat area preferably at low altitude,
- switch to the rotors, use Alt+X to reset the trim,
- switch back to the plane, then make a gentle landing approach,
- horizontal speed for the landing should be ≤ 50 m/s,
- vertical speed should be ≤ 3 m/s,
- just before the touchdown deploy the brake chute and engage the brakes.
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 120
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote