Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A stock aircraft called Dragonfly. Built with 180 of the finest parts, its root part is Mark2Cockpit.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.5.1.
Dragonfly is a stock autogyro powered by two electric engines. All of the lift is provided by the autorotation of the coaxial rotors. In flight Dragonfly behaves very similar to the airplane. Thanks to the autorotating rotors it is almost impossible to go into the stall as long as you have even minimal forward speed. You can also use the autorotation to make nearly vertical landings similar to the helicopters.
Maximum speed is 125m/s at low altitude, 135m/s at 3000m and 150m/s at 6000m.
- engage the brakes,
- engage SAS on the plane,
- press 0 to decouple the rotors,
- switch to the engines, use Alt+E and Alt+Q to give them full trim,
- disengage SAS on the engines,
- switch back to the plane,
- disengage the brakes,
- takeoff at about 40 m/s,
- at higher altitudes if you’re flying faster than 120 m/s switch to the engines and press 1 to toggle the blade pitch.
- switch to the engines, use Alt+X to reset the trim,
- switch back to the plane, then make a gentle landing approach,
- try to keep horizontal speed above 30 m/s,
- vertical speed should be less than 5 m/s, even tho the plane can handle landings with vertical speeds of 10m/s.
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 180
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote