Paste a url where
can be downloaded
As described in the discussion thread for NecroBones' Colorful Fuel Lines mod. I didn’t set out to replicate the Gunstar One advanced prototype from The Last Starfighter, but in the end it looked very similar!
How to use:
This mod requires several Level 6 technologies in Career/Science mode, and a fully upgraded VAB for custom action groups. The vessel runs on eight Whiplash jets, two LV-N nuclear rockets, and one Mainsail LFO rocket.
Action groups assigned:
- AG1 is for SCIENCE!
- AG2-6 control the various stages of ascent and return.
How to fly:
- Trigger stage 4 to start the jet engines. Wait until they’ve had time to come up to speed.
- Trigger stage 3 to drop the launch clamps and start the Mainsail
- Angle over to about 50 degrees pitch above the horizon, and accelerate to about 250 m/s
- Press AG2 to cut the Mainsail, and cruise on jet power to about 20 km altitude and about 950-1000 m/s.
- Press AG3 to start the LV-Ns as soon as speed starts to decrease
- The jets will flame out shortly afterward. Press AG4 to cut power to the jets and restart the Mainsail.
- The Mainsail will run out of oxidizer about the same time apoapsis reaches about 75 km. Press AG5 to shut it down.
- Don’t cut the throttle! The LV-Ns will need about five minutes from Mainsail shutoff to circularize the orbit.
- You have gone into space. At some point you may wish to return.
- Use the LV-Ns to reduce your apoapsis before re-entry, and maintain a shallow aerobraking profile – the Gunstar does not have heat shielding!
- When you are back in the atmosphere, press AG6 to shut off the LV-Ns and restart the jets.
- Type: VAB
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 177
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote