Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A stock aircraft called Drake. Built with 228 of the finest parts, its root part is mk3Cockpit.Shuttle.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.3.0.
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 228
- Pure Stock
Passenger variant of the Wyvern platform with greatly improved range. She can carry 36 Kerbals. With over 40% more fuel, and aerodynamics optimized for cruise, she has over half again the range of other variants.
- Ensure landing gear (rotor deflection compensators) are stowed (note: landing gear should always be stowed before docking/undocking any part of the craft)
- Throttle up and stage to release the rotors and engage blowers.
- AG 1 toggles heavy lift mode (required for lift off with GVW above ~90 tons) Note: Thrust asymmetry between rotors sometimes develops during lift off resulting in a hard roll. If this occurs, set the craft down, brake the rotors and begin again. This will not self-correct.
- Transition to forward flight by pressing AG 2 to toggle forward flight engines. When the craft reaches ~20m/s disengage heavy lift mode (if currently in use), and deploy landing gear. The craft will have a tendency to pull up hard during transition to forward flight. Keep the nose down. Flight pattern should stabilize around 100-120m/s depending on GVW and COM.
- Flaps (AG 5) can be helpful during forward flight transition and for maintaining altitude with heavy loads.
- It is recommended to use roll/pitch to make turns. Yaw inputs have a tendency to introduce heavy counter-roll (which can confuse SAS).
- AG 6 toggles thrust reversers on forward flight engines. This can be useful when approaching an LZ.
- After landing the craft, use brakes on the landing gear to slow rotor spin. Once rotors have slowed sufficiently, stow landing gear.
- AG 0 toggles the parking brake. Once set, it is safe to change craft, quicksave, timewarp, etc. Upon returning, simply toggle the parking brake off (AG 0), and operate as usual.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote