Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: VAB
- Class: lifter
- Part Count: 219
- Pure Stock
A stock rocket called New Glenn. Built with 219 of the finest parts.
1)Watch the video, that can show you more than I can type.
2)Needs a steep ascent profile.
3) seperate booster stage when AP is 72KM +/-
4) Point second stage at -10 to -15 ° and full throttle.
5) Switch back to booster and flip around and point retrograde.
6) Initiate boostback burn until the descent prediction is where it needs to be to land near the KSC (that’s trial and error).
7) at 750 meters above the surface, full throttle all engines until your velocity reaches 100 m/s (IT DOESN’T TAKE LONG).
8) at 100 m/s, use Action Group
1 to shutdown 4 engines and deploy the LT-2 landing legs.
9) reduce throttle to keep from going back up. keep velocity at around 30 to 40 m/s.
10) once the LT-2 landing legs are deployed, toggle Action Group
G (gear) to deploy the new glenn landing legs. (IF YOU TOGGLE
G BEFORE THE LT-2’s have fully deployed, THEY WILL BLOW UP)
(11) when the legs start to reattach to the craft, it will cause your craft to reset the throttle to ZERO. so, throttle up slowly and try to land.
Built in the VAB in KSP version 1.3.0.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote