Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 122
- Mods: 11
- Infernal Robotics Model Rework - Core Pack
- Kerbal Planetary Base Systems
- MechJeb 2
- Mk2 Stockalike Expansion
- Near Future Solar
- Orbit Portal Technology [OPT] Spaceplane Parts (Legacy)
- SpaceY Heavy Lifters
- Squad (stock)
- Stockalike Mining Extension
- TweakScale - Rescale Everything!
An SSTA built with OPT Space Plane parts which can fly to almost everywhere. Has two drills, MK2 IRSU, MK2 Nuclear Reactor and Rover Lift (infernal robotics) on board (Rover not included, works best with Malemute Rover with jr. docking port below adjustable with infernal robotics). Add Scanner and science to your liking. The Reactor is overheating on Minmus, if anybody has any idea where to put the radiators properly - let me know!
Depending on your flight skills you can make a 100km Orbit with around 5000m dV with a take off weight of around 180mt.
Use tac fuel balancer to block the empty tanks in the wings and keep fwd fuel tanks full, balance all. Unfortunately it needs the whole runway at KSP to take off.
Empty weight: around 100mt, max lift off weight 180-190mt (managed with 190mt but it was hard)
- Toggle ScramJets.
- Toggle Hybrid Scramjets.
- At the end of the rundway gently lift off and pitch up to 10°. Slightly increase pitch as Scramjets gain thrust.
- At 10000m level back up to 10° and let the engines do the rest.
- At around 22000m the Hybridjets will switch to closed cycle, keep the Scramjets running until the cut out. Close the intakes with 4. Get to orbit. Enjoy the flight!! ———————————————————————–
A mod SSTA called Bixbite SSTA. Built with 122 of the finest parts, its root part is j.cockpit.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.3.1.
Rover Lift half way down
Rover Lift all the way down
Refueling on Minmus
Cargo Bay with 4x 2.5m USI life support containers on board.
Returning home to Kerbin
Note - Not all the parts of this craft were detected
But You can help
and help improve the knowledge base
together we will put an end to incomplete mod lists
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote