Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: Subassembly
- Class: rover
- Part Count: 56
- Pure Stock
Mavnor Space Solutions proudly presents:
A stock subassembly called MSS’ Stock Automatic Science Bringer . Built with 56 of the finest parts, its root part is ServiceBay.250.
Built in KSP version 1.3.0. But I see no reason for it not to work in the latest version.
The idea behind is simple:
- land this subassembly on Mun or Minmus (lander stage has over 1k dv so you have huge comfort space for any mistakes). Gear action group toggles landing gear and landing lights
- press gear action group again to lower the cargo bay
- press light action group to open cargo bay
- toggle brakes and decouple the rover
- make experiments, store them, move to another biome, repeat up to 6 times (amount of goo containers)
- drive the rover back to the lander, dock behind it and move your precious science to experiment storage unit located at the top of return stage
- mess around and have some fun, since rover’s utility is finished
- pump the fuel into the tank in the return stage, we kept it dry to lower costs and the centre of mass, note that you need like 300-400 d/v in return stage to get its kerbin periapsis below 50km to aerobrake (return stage is equipped with cute little heatshield)
- decouple return stage and aim eastwards, get to a stable orbit around Mun/Minmus, plot returning manoeuvre to get your Kerbin periapsis around 40 km
- decouple engine, set off chutes and enjoy getting science.
Remember to correct the staging, if anything went wrong.
Although being pure stock vessel, this craft is optimised for Bon Voyage mod (https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/147876-ksp-131-bon-voyage-01321-make-your-wheels-rolling-2017-10-15/), just install the part and enjoy ultimate automaticness.
See the raw footage of ‘how to use it’ below:
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote