Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A stock aircraft called Nuclear Grace. Built with 49 of the finest parts, its root part is probeStackSmall.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.9.0.
- Type: SPH
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 49
- Pure Stock
Nuclear Grace is intended to carry a single Rockomax Jumbo-64 into orbit with plenty of delta-v left over for manuvers. As such, with proper flying, a 100km x 100km orbit can be reached with over 800m/s left over. Amazingly, the entire aircraft weighs slightly less than it’s own payload, meaning it has a payload fraction of just over 50%
Active pitch trim can be controlled with I and K (Controls deploy angle on canards)
Active roll trim can be controlled with J and L (Controls deploy angle on ailerons)
Using Caps Lock to turn on fine control mode can help when using active trim.
Flying it to orbit can be a bit tricky, so it is essential to follow the following profile:
- Hit T to turn on SAS, and hit spacebar to turn on the engines.
- When leaving the runway, hit G to stow landing gear.
- Gently begin pitching the nose down using active trim key
I, try to stay under 500m altitude.
- When deploy angle on the front canard is equal to 0 switch SAS to hold prograde, and use active trim key
Kto gently nose back up to maintain altitude
- Continue gently pitching the nose down using active trim key
I, when the craft is pointing directly in the center of the prograde marker (about 400m/s) allow it to begin to rise on it’s own. If pitch starts to go above about 15 degrees, use active trim to keep it under.
- As the craft begins to near 10km use active trim to gently nose down a bit, you still want to climb, just slower.
- Ideally you hit 17km around 1350m/s. Use active pitch trim to keep climbing very slowly.
- Try to hit 1650m/s around 20km. At this time, stage to turn on the nukes, and adjust active trim to fly directly prograde, craft will naturally continue to rise and gain speed until apoapsis reaches desired altitude.
- Stage to drop rear drag cone, then circularize, and stage again to drop off payload. Note: If at any time the craft begins to drift from desired heading, use active roll trim to gently correct.
- Set periapsis to 30km.
- As you enter the atmosphere, set SAS to radial out. Craft should automatically settle into an angle of attack of about 45 degrees.
- When you drop bellow mach 1, set SAS to hold mode, and glide to a landing.
See bellow album for more information: https://imgur.com/a/fTWS13F