Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: VAB
- Class: base
- Part Count: 88
- Mods: 7+3
- B9 Aerospace Parts Pack
- Ferram Aerospace Research
- KW Rocketry
- TweakScale - Rescale Everything!
- USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS)
- UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued
- TAC Life Support
- Universal Storage
A mod base called Tesseract. Built with 88 of the finest parts, its root part is MK3.Akademy.
Built in the VAB in KSP version 1.0.2.
This base is a full-fledged Modular Kolonization System base that can sustain a colony of up to 16 kerbals virtually forever without need for resupply. If landed on a sweet spot were all MKS resources are to be found it will drill and process them and attain a life support/machinery closed loop. If you have ExtraPlanetary Launchpad mod you can even build rockets off-world that will be spawned from the launchpad
on the roof.
The craft is emptied of every resource but electric charge when loaded in the VAB. It is up to you how to fill the resource fields.
Make sure you have all the mods listed in the panel on the right installed. Great care must be taken with welded parts as KerbalX don’t recognize them so you have to add them manually as explained in detail below.
How to build it
The base is virtually impossible to launch from the KSC. Of course you can use it there in order to test MKS features, but the only feasible way to ship it off to other planets or moons is to build it on-situ exploiting ExtraPlanetary Launchpads mod. In the imgur album I show how to accomplish it on the Mun using a pre-existing base. I was forced to do so because in the transition from KSP 0.90 to 1.0.2 my old base wasn’t loading due to changes in MKS code. The process is laid down in a forum thread that I expressly opened.
- There are some parts welded with UbioZur Welding Mod. It is useful to keep part count low and get a decent frame rate. You can download the mod at the github release page and my parts here. You have to extract them into the Parts folder of the UbioZur mod folder in GameData.
- I removed the Interstellar’s Microwave Power Transceivers in the craft file to get rid of Interstellar dependence.
- The only part of B9 pack used in this craft is the Y1 Protective Cap that can be easily replaced with something else. The caps are shaped in various dimensions with the aid of TweakScale so if you remove them then you avoid the dependence on this mod too.
- I usually play with RemoteTech so if you do remember to add an antenna.
- works only with Modular Kolonization System 0.30.4
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote