Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 176
- Pure Stock built in the SPH in KSP version 1.8.0.
A tiltjet aircraft, suited for a broad range of V/STOL operations.
- tilt angle can be changed progressively, anywhere in between 0º - 90º, without switching the vessels and with almost no torque momentum.
- the controls for engine servo and surfaces remain on the main vessel throughout flight. Only throttling and swapping wet/dry requires switching.
- the fuel is stored in the engine shaft, thus the CoM does not shift through fuel consumption or by quantity customization.
Aircraft is maneuverable, stable (even w/o SAS) and insanely fun to fly thanks to its special features. Landing is a bit challenging, usually requiring switching back and forth between engines (for thrust control) and aircraft body (for flight control)
- The engine stepping actuation is achieved by exploiting the game mechanics (or bug?!?) with the cargo bay door and Airbrakes, working in tandem. Normally, the proper usage of the Action Groups prevents an unintended opened cargo during flight, which will induce massive drag, so if you see an opened cargo bay in flight, you might be messed up with the controls.
Apparently, for the servo to work properly, the aircraft needs to be re-launched each time from the Hangar and NOT from the Runway. You should choose
Revert to Spaceplane Hangarand NOT
Revert to Launchoption. Also, reloading a saved game, could destroy the servo or could cause actuation malfunction.
v1.0: removed dead weight, re-balanced, tweaked the servo and landing gear, minor aesthetics
After activating SAS and decoupling via [Space], the resulting parts will be operated with
 as follows:
1. The aircraft body:
- main control surfaces: conventional keys
- extend/retract gear & brake: standard keys
- leading edge wing slats [AG9]
- switch between different pods: [AG3] [AG4] - usefull in hovering mode
engine actuation is done via two Action Groups keys:
- [AG1], double press, to direct thrust backwards. The actuation extent depends on the delay between key strokes, eventually, for full/max engine excursion, press [AG1] once >> wait for full excursion >> press the [AG1] again to close the sequence.
- [AG2], double press, to direct thrust downwards. The actuation extent depends on the delay between key strokes, eventually, for full/max engine excursion, press the [AG2] once >> wait for full excursion >> press the [AG2] again to close the sequence.
2. The engines assembly:
- engine throttling, standard keys
- switch engine’s wet/dry mode: [AG5]
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote