Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 90
- Mods: 6
- B9 Aerospace Parts Pack
- B9 Procedural Wings Modified
- Orbit Portal Technology [OPT] Spaceplane Parts
- Squad (stock)
- Surface Mounted Stock-Alike Lights
A mod aircraft called Shrike-Class Crew Transport SSTO:
Arrowhead. Built with 90 of the finest parts, its root part is mk2Cockpit.Inline.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.0.4.
After watching how efficiently Valentina’s paper airplanes flew through the office, the KKAC engineering team decided to try designing a real craft based around a similar shape, and after many iterations, the Arrowhead was the result. C7 Aerospace is again forming the majority of the craft, with its Mk. II parts providing a very aerodynamic form, and its crew cabin able to hold up to four Kerbals. The addition of the Mk. II-sized Ram Intake from OPT Aerospace provides enough intake air to power the R.A.P.I.E.R. engines giving the craft thrust, and it all weighs in at √45,000! Order yours today!
Flight Profile: The Arrowhead is another SSTO that has rather tight fuel margins, and often will need the help of the onboard RCS system to assist in finalizing circularization and re-entry procedures. The narrow wings do not give the craft a lot of cross-range capability, so ensure your re-entry profile makes sure you land in a safe area.
1) Takeoff from KSC and maintain 10-30 degree climb until you hit ~10,000m
2) Slow your vertical ascent to under 100 m/s, gradually leveling off until 15,000-16,000m
3) Climb again to 20 degrees until the engines die, switch over to rocket mode and circularize
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote