Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 111
- Mods: 9
- B9 Aerospace Parts Pack
- KW Rocketry
- KineTech Animation Library
- Orbit Portal Technology [OPT] Spaceplane Parts
- Procedural Parts
- Squad (stock)
- Surface Mounted Stock-Alike Lights
- TweakScale - Rescale Everything!
A mod aircraft called Scythe-Class Crew Transport SSTO:
Diamondback. Built with 111 of the finest parts, its root part is ij.adaptor.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.0.4.
Good news! The KKAC has just been authorized (downloaded) to contract with Orbit Portal Technologies to use their designs for our own craft! Full credit goes to K. Yeon, the CEO of their company for designing such a stylish line of highly-modular parts. And for the first craft designed with this line of parts, we present to you the Diamondback! A passenger transport SSTO with room for up to three passengers and two crew. The inline docking port on the fuselage provides linkage to stations, and an ample RCS capacity ensures that you have an ample delta-V budget for maneuvering in space. Get it today for √105,000!
Flight profile: As KKAC SSTO’s go, the Diamondback is slightly more difficult to fly as the fuel margins are tighter, and the off-center turbojet torques the fuselage downwards. We recommend using both the ARI-73 engines and the turbojet in-atmosphere to balance the torque.
1) Activate all engines for takeoff - use the full length of the runway to gain maximal speed
2) Pitch up hard on takeoff - we recommend a 45-degree climb
3) Begin slowly leveling off at around 8,000-10,000m to pick up horizontal speed, but watch thermal heating! Keep your vertical velocity between 25-75 m/s for this stage.
4) If adjustments need to be made, deactivate the turbojet, otherwise the craft will become unstable.
5) Once the turbojet is starved for intake air, deactivate it, pitch up to around 20 degrees and use the rest of your fuel to get into orbit. Maximal orbit height is between 120,000 and 130,000m.
NOTE: Circularization is a multi-step process. The winglets between the body and main wing do not have crossfeed, so you will need to manually pump the liquid fuel from them into the body to help finish circularizing, then use RCS for final maneuvers. Re-entry can be accomplished the same way–use RCS to de-orbit, then glide to a landing.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote