Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 140
- Mods: 3
- B9 Procedural Wings Modified
- Procedural Parts
- Squad (stock)
A replica of the Stratolaunch Systems carrier aircraft with a dummy rocket capable of putting a 6 tons payload in LKO when launched mid-air. It is a bit hard to fly tho, please read the instructions carefully:
How to fly it:
- Full throttle from launch to mid-air, crossfeed on the rocket is off so that the jet engines don’t drain liquid fuel from it. When reaching the drop zone altitude (around 7km) you have to enable it again manually (including the fuel tank in the fairings). Sometimes the staging gets messed up too, you might need to fix it.
- Upon release of the rocket control will switch automatically to it, disable yaw and roll on the tail fins, fire up and steer it upwards to put the prograde vector at least on a 35° inclination.
- After that it’s an almost regular launch.
- To bring the carrier back there is a probe on the top, still it’s pretty hard to control: it has very low roll authority.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote