Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 92
- Mods: 6
- B9 Procedural Wings Modified
- Hullcam VDS
- Mark IV Spaceplane System
- Near Future Launch Vehicles
- Near Future Solar
- Squad (stock)
recommended in addition: KJR, FuelSwitch
Heavy Mk.4 SSTO, capable to deliver 58t in Kerbin LKO.
At least 47k dV for atmospheric flight with LF configuration and LF in cargo, if using only 2xCUTLASS.
Ascend profile (needs dive):
1. Throttle to 25%, Hold Brakes, Press 1+2 to start Airbreathers.
2. Throttle to 100% and at 25m/s release Brakes, liftup carefully at 120m/s
3. Hold altitude under 1km until 320m/s, then start climb at 20 degrees,
4. After reaching 7km, hold altitude until 280m/s, then
5. Initiate descend to reach Mach 1.5 (~500m/s) before 1 km altitude,
6. With Mach 1.5 - hold altitude, set prograde to 15 degrees and start climb,
7. At 24km, when vertical speed delta decreases - activate AG3 to assist,
8. When Airbreathers stop, switch them to closed cycle with AG5,
9. After Apoapsis climbs to 55km, switch Airbreathers back with AG5+deactivate with AG1+2.
Hold Orbital Prograde and continue burning AG3 to reach orbit with 2x Eaglets, use them for space maneuvers.
Nothing special, regular palm descend.
Can reach to Mun and Minmus if cannibalizes internal rocket fuel cargo.
Cameras installed: yes (5)
Airbrakes installed: yes
Assisting parachute: yes
Weight: 166t dry, 255t wet.
Max cargo: 58t to LKO
A mod aircraft called Hercules3. Built with 92 of the finest parts, its root part is mk4cockpit-2.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.3.1.