138kN ZPK-Drive Demo
Paste a url where
can be downloaded
(link to Spacedock where possible)
This shared craft is a bared engine. The flying saucer is part of Echo ‘47 and will be published later.
Pulling on your own docking port for thrust
ZPK Drive = Zompi Kraken Drive = Zero Point energy Kinetic Drive is a new KSP reactionless drive concept discovered by Reddit user u/zompigespons in this post. There’s much useful info in the comments. The first craft using this propulsion method is here.
- This is a kind of Kraken Drive, which means it exploits the game physics to get infinite propulsion without using the cheat menu. It is considered cheating nevertheless, and should only be used if you know what you are doing.
- The core of this system is two sets of opposite docking ports with different Docking Acquire Force settings. There will be a constant force pulling toward one direction which can be
throttledby adjusting the force difference. Reverse thrust is also easily possible.
- The system can be scaled. One pair of docking ports produces ~9kN of thrust when placed on the optimal distance. Docking ports clipping works and allows for even greater TWR, I’m experimenting with that.
- The system does not require any sort of power supply to produce thrust. Electricity needed for attitude control is provided by RTGs.
- I used 16x symmetry (instead of twice 8x symmetry) on this craft, so that all docking ports in an array can be controlled by one single part action window (PAW). The trick is demonstrated here.
How to use
- Refer to the video for demonstration.
- Right click and pin the part action windows of two docking ports, one above and one below. (Or just the one below.)
- The Docking Acquire Force bar of the docking port below is now your throttle bar. Have fun!
- If you don’t see this bar, you may need to enable
Advanced tweakablesin the main menu settings.
Wish you enjoy and happy redefining physics!
A stock rocket called 138kN ZPK-Drive Demo. Built with 42 of the finest parts, its root part is HECS2.ProbeCore.
Built in the VAB in KSP version 1.10.1.
- Type: VAB
- Class: lander
- Part Count: 42
- Pure Stock
- KSP: 1.10.1
Hangars that contain this craft