Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Airplane Plus
- Automated Aerial Refueling System
- B9 Procedural Wings Modified
- Ferram Aerospace Research
- Kerbal Foundries Wheels and Repulsors ALPHA
- Squad (stock)
- TweakScale - Rescale Everything!
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 100
- Mods: 8
It looks like an antiquated design, and you’d be right. Yet somehow, it manages to remain in service while newer bombers come and go. The ‘Fetch’ is a highly adaptable strategic bomber with variants designed for Maritime Patrol, Airborne Early Warning, Anti-Submarine Warfare, and even Civillian Airliners. Its powerful contra-rotating turboprops make it one of the fastest propeller aircraft ever, and one of the loudest.
- Crew: 6-7 (pilot, co-pilot, flight engineer, communications
system operator, navigator, tail gunner, sometimes another
- Length: 39.2 m
- Height: 11.2 m
- Wingspan: 42.7 m
- Empty Weight: 51,348 kg
- Loaded Weight: 86,840 kg (full Mk82 x32 loadout)
- Max takeoff weight: ~160,000 kg That’s right, it can carry another fuelled Nu-65
- Powerplant: 4x KP-12 kontraprops, 150 kN each
- Maximum Speed: Mach 0.74
- Endurance: 1 day (Kerbin day = 6 hours)
- Service Ceiling: 12,000m 220 m/s
- Rate of Climb: 25 m/s
- Thrust/Weight: 0.15
- Max G-load: 8 g
- Radar-controlled Guns:
- 2x 30mm M2-30 autocannons in tail turret, 600 rounds each
- 2x 30mm M2-30 autocannons in dorsal/ventral turrets, 600 rounds each
- 4 rotary racks with a capacity up to 80,000 kg and provisions to carry combinations of:
- Missiles: If it fits.
- Bombs: All of them.
- TWS Locking radar
- BDA Weapon Manager
- AI Pilot Flight Computer
A Nu-65 suffers a fire in engine 3, still managing to deliver full payload to target and return to base
Nu-65MR escorted by F-10s over the North Pole; note the Fetch’s lack of dorsal/ventral turrets
It’s got two wings and flies, is there anything else you need?
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote