Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Airplane Plus
- Automated Aerial Refueling System
- B9 Procedural Wings Modified
- Ferram Aerospace Research
- KWS : Kerbal Weapons System
- Kerbal Foundries2
- Procedural Parts
- Squad (stock)
- TweakScale - Rescale Everything!
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 100
- Mods: 11
Once again overhauled, it’s now lighter and faster, with a lower part count and gaudy noseart.
Designed to take major damage and give out much more, the ‘Blitzen’ is ideal for flying low over a field, losing half a wing, and landing on a flat patch of dirt after. Just don’t expect to be going fast at all, armour comes at a heavy price.
- Crew: 1
- Length: 15.0 m
- Height: 15.5 m
- Wingspan: 20.6 m
- Empty Weight: 9150 kg
- Loaded Weight: 12920 kg
- CAS Mission: 16000 kg
- Anti-Armour: 17000 kg
- Max takeoff weight: 18000 kg
- Powerplant: 2x CF34-J85 turbofans, 54.2 kN each
- Maximum Speed: 280 m/s
- Endurance: ~1 hour(s) (2/3 throttle, CAS loadout)
- Service Ceiling: 10000m @ 240 m/s
- Rate of Climb: 50 m/s
- Thrust/Weight: 0.44 unloaded
- Max G-load: 9 g
- 1x GAU-8 with 1200 rounds
- 9 hardpoints (8x under-wing and 1x under-fuselage) with a capacity up to 5000 kg and provisions to carry combinations of:
- 2× AIM-9 Sidewinders (self-defense)
- 6× AGM-65 Mavericks
- Bombs: You get the idea now
- Flares and Chaff dispenser and
- Up to 2x Mk0x3 drop tanks
- Integrated FLIR pod (Port side gear shroud)
- ALQ-131 ECM Jammer
- BDA Weapon Manager
- AI Pilot Flight Computer
Blitzen has a few layers of redundancy, including rudder-braking, aileron flaps, and secondary landing gear.
In more extreme cases, otherwise critical damage can still be managable. Asymmetric loss can be mitigated through ‘Manual Coersion Mode’; in this context forcing half the airbrakes to reduce lift on the remaining wing.
I don’t need no rocket science.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote