Paste a url where
can be downloaded
Design by Jett Quasar
1) Toggles cargo bay door (open/closed)
2) Toggles rocket engines (747 & Shuttle)
3) Toggles Jet engines on/off
4) Toggles BOOST
A stock aircraft called Boeing 747 Shuttle Carrier. Built with 203 of the finest parts, its root part is mk3Cockpit.Shuttle.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.4.3.
For the Shuttle Carrier mode:
1) Remove all fuel, payload and monopropellant from the Shuttle
2) Remove all of the oxy and monoprop from the 747
3) When launching hit Hot key #4 to disable afterburners.
For Space Shuttle Launching Mode:
1) Launch fully fueled with payload
2) Nose up to around 20 degrees off the end of the runway
3) At 2 Km altitude and 200 m/s open the rear cargo door using hot key #1 then ignite the rocket engines through staging or hot key #2.
4) Nose up to 45 degrees and keep an eye on the jet engines. When the boost flames out toggle off the jet engines with hot key #3
5) Continue boosting until apogee is above 100 KM. This will give you enough time to put the Shuttle into orbit and switch back to the 747 before it re-enters the atmosphere.
6) Once apo is above 100 Km kill the engines and separate the Shuttle through staging. It’s a good idea at this point to move the Shuttle away from the 747.
7) Turn the 747 back toward the Kerbal Space Complex and initiate the boostback sequence. Thrust toward KSP keeping the craft’s nose on the horizon until you run out of rocket fuel (Oxy). There should still be plenty of liquid fuel left.
8) Tab over to the shuttle and boost it into a stable orbit.
9) Tab back to the 747 before it re-enters the atmosphere and turn it so the nose is facing the prograde marker but on the horizon. Close the bay door, disable the rocket engines and activate the jet engines, disabling the boost (hot keys #1, 2, 3, and 4 in that order)
10) As you re-enter the atmosphere the nose of the craft will tend to drop - that’s OK you should be travelling slow enough that nothing will explode, but you will want to pull the nose up as you enter (parachutes on the rear of the craft should stabilize you if you lose control).
11) Once back in the atmosphere simply fly back and land at KSC.
12) You should have plenty of fuel if you disable the Boost using hot key #4
- Type: SPH
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 203
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote