Paste a url where
can be downloaded
1:engines 2:ramp 3:ladder
A Grand Olde Dame of the Skies called Alpine 2. Built in the KSP 1.11.2 SPH with 76 stock parts.
We were aiming for a short-field ski tourer for Alpine visitors but Alpine 2 climbs too slowly to really do much mountain work.
It is very likely that Alpine 3, will have real (noisy) turboprops and MUCH better performance; but stay tuned for that.
Vs is about 38 m/s…
- pin a prop blade open
-  to engage the turbo shaft engines
- throttle up (way OP, so play with how much)
- when you have 460 turns (rpm), advance [k] to about 15% prop pitch
- as the speed increases, nudge I/K to keep the prop pitch optimum for the speed
- at top speed, around 160 m/s, you’ll find 42-44% pitch is your mark
- nailing the landing, final flare around 40 m/s airpseed. Don’t overdo it!!