ARS Oculus Corvinus
Paste a url where
can be downloaded
(link to Spacedock where possible)
- Type: SPH
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 52
- Pure Stock
A stock flying wing called ARS Oculus Corvinus. reverse-engineered from an original by ARS. Built with 52 of the finest parts, its root part is mk2Cockpit.Inline.
- ARS is the inventor/designer of Oculus Corvinus
- immediately I saw this beauty, I had to reverse-engineer it (in stock) – any errors are my own
- published here with the most kind permission of ARS
- cruise speed 837 m/s @ 21km for a fuel draw of 0.19 kal/sec. Range 2,500 kms. Stall 22 m/s.
- best maneuvering speed is around 200 m/s and control authority is cranked to the limit: be wary there
- under 70 m/s, particularly with a high attitude, when turning, Corvinus likes to spin like a 78 rpm vinyl record:
- don’t panic
- minimal gimbaled thrust with SAS Prograde will straighten it out
- so don’t panic, because it’s easily & safely recovered
- unless you are low to the ground – and you panic – so don’t… PANIC
- SAS Prograde is your friend when turning low & slow for landing. Long final is also your friend for a short-field landing.
- To slow to land, low and HOT is fine but pull into a steep climb within 5km of the field; then perform a series of Dolphin strokes directed in a descent toward the landing point. S-turns can be used also while still flying swiftly.
- Atmosphere Autopilot is strongly recommended to reduce workload. If you fly-by-wire, you can crank the elevon authority right up and let AA really show what Oculus Corvinus can do!
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.6.1.
This is the original, beautiful conception of ARS:
Hangars that contain this craft