Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Style: spaceplane
- Part Count: 166
- Mods: 4
- Squad (stock)
IMPORTANT: Designed with version 1 of the MkIV Spaceplane System, later versions changed the intake / engine capability to make this craft no longer work (or at least, no longer be capable of extremely massive payloads).
A mod aircraft called Saturn Carrier MkI. Built with 166 of the finest parts.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 0.25.0.
- Full throttle, fire both sets of engines if needed depending on payload mass.
- Be careful pulling up not to strike the rear on the runway. (Vessel is usually recoverable from such damages if the top engines are turned off and the pilot is careful.)
- Ascend at a 45 degree angle velocity vector. (The vessel should be at whatever angle is necessary to achieve this.)
- Turn to the horizon so that you almost level out as you are approaching 40 km. (Around 30 km depending on payload.) (This may take some trial and error.)
- Accelerate until your engines run out of intake air. Immediately shut down engines and intakes. Your Apoapsis should be around 80 to 100 km.
- Circularize / do whatever orbit stuff.
- She glides well, so the landing just needs to be somewhere flat enough to land. Also does not require much space for braking.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote