Paste a url where
can be downloaded
This is a 110% scale model of The Lockheed D-21.
The Lockheed D-21 was a drone that rode piggyback on a A-12 Oxcart up to altitude and Mach 3.2. It was then released and flew on a pre programmed flight path, taking pictures along the way. Drone technology when the D-21 was built was not sufficient enough to allow autonomous landing. So after the mission was completed, it would just, explode. Yeah. It just self destructed mid air.
- Length: 12.8 meters
- Width: 6.2 meters
- Height: 3 meters
- Top speed: Mach 4.06(1,216m/s)
- Service Ceiling: 23,000 meters
Optimal Altitude: 20,600 meters
- This particular model does not ride on a mothership plane. It takes off conventionally.
- This model can circumnavigate the planet.
- This model can land like a conventional plane.
- This model doesn’t self destruct unless you want it too.
- When fuel starts to run low you must transfer all of the remaining fuel to the tank closest to the nose.
- It is supposed to only have half fuel on takeoff. It can still circumnavigate with that fuel load.
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 106
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote