Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Style: spaceplane
- Part Count: 114
- Mods: 9
Updated 2015-01-13 05:31 UTC: (Hopefully) Fixed an actiongroup bug (lower OMS engines weren’t part of the OMS groups)
(I was listening to Bohemian Rhapsody while trying to think of a name for this…)
Eye-pulpingly fast takeoff speed, now with a longer payload bay. More struts, more RCS thrusters, actiongroups, 400% more awesome! (Note: only 400% more awesome than the original version, which tended to flex wildly and had no RCS or airbrakes).
Created as a cheaper and safer alternative to the B9 TR-7 for highly radioactive payloads, the UAS-10 evolved from the unreleased UAS-7 Fratboy ramjet test bed.
- AGX and MechJeb are not optional (if you value your sanity).
- Use stock SAS in stability-enhance or prograde mode for atmospheric flight, switching between the two as needed to keep the vehicle stable.
- Built with NEAR, not tested with stock aerodynamics.
- Takeoff and landing speeds in the 130-250m/s range are normal (watch out for tailstrikes!)
- Suggested glide slope 1.5 degrees for a westbound landing approach (don’t try to pull an Immelmann turn at 2.5km/s, NEAR doesn’t like it and will punish you severely).
- Includes a SHSLS MicroTug, useful for handling satellites and propelling low-mass interplanetary payloads. It can be removed by hand-editing the craft file if you don’t want it
- Payload-free version coming soon. Pre-integrated SCANsat SAR payload might take longer, I’m still trying to fix a physics glitch that keeps the entire vehicle stuck in one place.
- Unlike my 0.24.2 releases (which used KSPI Lite), this one uses full KSPI (as fixed for 0.90 by Boris-Barboris of the KSP Forums)
- Don’t disassemble the payload bay unless you want to rebuild it with new parts (it’s made of rescaled parts from Lack’s SXT, and TweakScale doesn’t save the new node positions properly).
- Light the SCRAMjets at about 14-18km and 800+ m/s to avoid dumping lots of fuel
- The SCRAMjets use Oxidizer instead of IntakeAir; this is provided by a converter in the aft section of the fuselage. This converter all but guarantees always-full oxidizer tanks while in atmosphere, so you may want to install oxidizer dump valves. Alchemy Technologies' resource-specific dump valves can be placed anywhere, but the Klockheed Martian dump valves should probably be placed on the oxidizer-only tank (aft end of the payload bay, just in front of the probe core) to avoid dumping fuel.
A mod aircraft called UAS-10 Bismillah XP r4 MicroTug. Built with 114 of the finest parts, its root part is B9.Cockpit.MK1.Control.ACU.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 0.90.0.
- B9 Aerospace
- Squad (stock)
- Alchemy Technologies
Note - Not all the parts of this craft were detected
But You can help
and help improve the knowledge base
together we will put an end to incomplete mod lists
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote