Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 133
- Mods: 3
- Making History DLC
- Squad (stock)
- TweakScale - Rescale Everything!
An unmanned SSTO spaceplane capable of lifting 20 tons to LKO. Heavily inspired by Skylon and EJ_SA’s Enterprise.
Block III features redesigned wings and engines to provide more lift and to increase efficiency.
NOTE: Decals are omitted from the KerbalX version of this craft. If you want to put decals on yours, you can get them from the Decal Stickers mod here.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.5.1.
KER, Trajectories, and Atmospheric Autopilot are recommended for optimal flight.
How to fly
- Deploy flaps and slats
- Rotate at 100m/s
- Be gentle on rotation or tailstrikes will occur
- Retract flaps and slats
- Set pitch to 45*
- Climb to 5km
- Level off to 10* and cruise
- Activate aerospikes at 1450 m/s
- Switch to closed cycle once thrust trails off
- Pitch to 45*, hold until Ap is at ~80km, and cut throttle
- Circularize at Ap
Reentry & Landing
- De-orbit burn should put the landing marker just behind KSC
- Angle of Attack should be 50 degrees through re-entry
- With lighter payloads, Use and abuse crossrange–you 30km to work with
- With heavier payloads, try to aim for 20 degree glideslope and conserve fuel
- Stall speed is 60m/s fully fuelled