Paste a url where
can be downloaded
This version of the craft includes the Eve lander and the other stuff in the cargo bays which can make your game extremely laggy. For a version without all the stuff in the cargo bays, go here:
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE THE VALKYRIE IN ACTION
A Single Stage to Anywhere rocket that can land everywhere in the solar system (except Eve of course). It can carry 60 passengers and around 50 tons of cargo (maybe even more, I managed to land on Minmus for the initial refuel with 50 tons of cargo). With a light Eve lander that will land on a high spot on Eve, you can land on every planet and moon in the solar system in one launch!
- An Eve lander for 1 Kerbal. Because it had to fit inside the Mk3 cargo bay it is rather small and can’t get to orbit from sea level. Make sure you land on one of the highest spots on Eve to get back to orbit! Also, it’s not fully fueled in the craft file to make the rocket lighter at liftoff.
- 16 lamps with litte engines to light up your landing sites
- A survey satellite with an RTG, a huge antenna and a survey scanner to search for ore.
Has over 3km/s of deltaV to get into a circular orbit everywhere
- A tiny 1-Kerbal spacecraft with ~3,5km/s of deltaV. Designed to take one Kerbal to the Mohole on Moho (coming up in the next episode :))
- A Duna rover. Not the most beautiful thing and a nightmare to drive (disable all reaction wheels) but it works and has an aerospike engine to lift it out of the cargo bay on Duna’s surface
- A tiny, jet-powered 4-Kerbal hopper for Laythe or Kerbin
NOTES FOR USING THE VALKYRIE:
- Use the action groups for controlling the engines
- Launch with only the vectors and turn on the nuclear engines at ~20km. Depending on your cargo, the TWR when engaging the nuclear engines can be REALLY low, so make sure your apoapsis is pretty high when you run out of oxidizer (100km should be enough) and keep the thrust angled downwards to end up in a ~110-130km high orbit around Kerbin
- Action group 6 starts the surface harvesting and converts ore to LF+Ox, for more control about the refueling, the small Convert-o-Tron is inside the craft, just zoom in and look around a bit and you will find it
- Type: VAB
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 729
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote