Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A mod aircraft called KDSR Stargazer MK4. Built with 300 of the finest parts, its root part is M2X.DropshipCockpit.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.3.0.
Built off the MK2, the Stargazer MK4 is geared towards no atmosphere, low gravity environments, while the MK2 was designed mainly for Duna (and Laythe) exploration, where it can sort of fly.
if you want some serious, great all rounded ground vehicle, this is it. Little things just don’t work in low gravity.
There are some differences:
- All wings, control surfaces and parachutes were removed, as they were not necessary for the mission scope
- Fwd wheels moved forward to better negotiate rough terrain under lower gravity
- All wheels lowered on the hull, for better ground clearance
- An extra set of Aft Thuds for hovering capability
- Added a command seat behind the cockpit for eva reports and purely funsies :D
- Land assist lights
- An M700 Survey Scanner
- More RTG, and lights bumped up all way to max (I’ve had some issues on Ike with the MK2, during a Duna eclipse, where sometimes the lights didn’t even seem to be there, maybe because of the very dark terrain.)
Does this make the MK2 obsolete?
No. It just has a different mission scope. The MK2 i have landed on Duna has been excelling on everything i ask from it, and while it may be revised as i identify issues, it’s an excellent platform.
- Type: SPH
- Class: rover
- Part Count: 300
- Mods: 4
- Kerbal Attachment System
- Mk2 Stockalike Expansion
- Mk3 Stockalike Expansion
- Squad (stock)
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote