Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 101
- Pure Stock
A stock aircraft called Duran C nuclear cargo SSTO (rev.5). Built with 101 of the finest parts, its root part is mk3Cockpit.Shuttle.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.1.3.
Cargo version of Duran SSTO (rev.5). Wing shape and engine formula were revised to ensure 37 tons payload lift capability.
Ascent profile (assuming you have 37 tons payload)
- Ensure your payload fuel tanks are disabled.
- Stage once. Takeoff when you reach speed of 140m/s at least.
- Build speed to 320-330m/s then pitch 15°.
- When you reach 10km altitude pitch 10° to build more speed.
- When your RAPIERs start to lose power - stage to activate LV-N (around 20km altitude).
- When you start losing speed - toggle PARIERs mode, then pitch 20-25°.
- Reach AP you want and circularise (RAPIERs will consume remaining oxidizer in process, so finish your orbit with LV-N only).
Descent profile (assuming payload was left in orbit)
- Set your PE to 0km near the eastern end of big desert. Turn LV-N off.
- Hold pitch 10-12° above prograde (NOT above horison!).
- Wait until excess speed bleeds out. If you feel like stoneskipping over KSC - use aerobrakes to bleed more speed. Avoid insanely high AoAs like 30° or you will spin and crash.
- Stabilize, switch RAPIERs back to airbreathing, turn them on and aim for 100 m/s approaching/landing speed.
- Land like normal plane - empty Duran C is light enough for that. But if you screw up somehow, emergency chutes will help to stop plane very fast.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote