Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 848
- Pure Stock
This is a stock Aircraft Carrier. It is nearly 130m long and has a working elevator for below deck storage. Landings work best with my F-35 which can be found in the link on the left. But it also works with my F-18 which can be found on the right. The design is LOOSELY based off of a Nimitz-class Carrier though there are many inaccuracies that would increase part count too high in KSP. This version has no wheels so Vessle Mover Continued is required to get it into water. Feel free to slap wheels on yourselves.
(VERY IMPORTANT, PRETTY COMPLEX)
Elevator (to raise from below deck)
1) Press 0 to undock the elevator.
2) Press 9 to begin raising the elevator to with legs
3) Once the legs are 80-90% deployed, Press 9 and 8 at the same time to raise the elevator further and prevent it from popping.
4) Press 7 once it stops moving, to bring it to the top to dock.
Repeat backwards to lower the elevator (except for the undocking).
1) Get the plane under 40m/s when approaching.
2) Touchdown and immediately lay on the brakes
3) Maneuver onto the elevator and be careful.
This takes some practice. Be patient.
Return Planes to Flight Deck:
1) Undock plane
2) Undock back-up rover
3) Maneuver the rover so the front plane’s landing gear is in between the prongs.
4) Hit G to low the rover’s prongs in place.
Push the plane onto the elevator with the rover.
5) Refer to elevator instructions
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote