Paste a url where
can be downloaded
With the wheel change in 1.1 wrecking my Grey Ghost rover, I decided to work on a design I had thought of long ago, where the wheels were protected within the frame of the rover itself. I gave up when I realized that it’d end up with over 200 parts and would lag my computer in 1.0.5.
October Sky features:
- Two drills, a claw and a mini ISRU suite, which will allow it to gather ore and refuel ships/landers.
- A full complement of science gathering modules
- Seating for 4 in the middle of the craft
- 4 liquid fuel boosters to provide extra speed/power
- An integrated roll-cage with RCS flipping ability, allowing it to never really get stuck upside down and keeping the core of the craft safe.
- Decent battery life, kept charged by the copious solar panels lining the craft, or in long periods of darkness, a fuel cell array in the centre of the craft.
With the changes to the wheels in 1.1, the wheels are a bit fragile. You can change the stressTolerance of the wheels to alleviate this by going to Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Squad/Parts/Wheel/roverWheelTR-2L/roverWheelTR-2L.cfg and increasing the number for stressTolerance like so:
stressTolerance = 400//300
When/if a fix comes through for the wheels, you can revert the values back to
stressTolerance = 300
if you wish.
This will make the TR-2L ruggedized wheels less fragile and more fun to use!
A stock rover known as Slightly Dangerous - October Sky. Built with 275 Slightly Dangerous parts, its root part is probeCoreCube.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.1.2.
- Type: SPH
- Class: rover
- Part Count: 275
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote