ASE - Heimwee class - Heavy SSTO
Paste a url where
can be downloaded
(link to Spacedock where possible)
- Type: SPH
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 211
- Pure Stock
- KSP: 1.11.1
- Breaking Ground DLC
- Squad (stock)
This craft is somewhat tricky to launch. Here are my recommendations for a Minmus refuel run:
- After loading in the craft you should set the docking port at the nose as the “control from here” point.
- Enable SAS and RCS during the ascend.
- The dV margins for the initial Minmus run are slim. Launch directly into the right orbital inclination. It helps having a satellite in orbit with the same inclination. When launching you can target this sat, go to map view, and launch when the orbital track is directly over the launch site.
- Fly a standard gravity turn. After lift-off smoothly turn over until you reach 45 deg. at ca. 10 km altitude.
- You will run out of oxidizer during the ascent. When this happens, press 4 to open the bay doors, then 5 to bring out the engine pods, and finally 2 to ignite the nervs.
- If you time everything correctly you should have about 1600 to 1800 dV left over for a standard Minmus rendezvous and landing
- Touch down on the tail with the gear extended and then force the ship to fall onto its gear/belly
Hangars that contain this craft