Paste a url where
can be downloaded
– Ma'am Administrator, what can I do for you today?
– The Chairman wishes to travel to Duna.
– No problem, ma'am. We’ll just put him on the next shuttle, and…
– The Chairman does not travel by shuttle. He requires personal transport.
– Well fine, we’ll just refit the Kassius with some extra fuel, and…
– The Chairman only travels by helicopter.
– … Oh no, not this again.
– Did we not develop the Kosmokopter in our silly little rivalry with SpaceKraken?
– Yes, but it just makes orbit and the rotor isn’t nearly efficient enough to operate in Duna’s thin atmosphere, and …
– And did we not develop a high-efficiency, high-stability rotor in Project Kerwood?
– Make it so, Chief Engineer.
This is the BAK-9001D Super Kosmokopter. It will fly the Chairman to Duna, get onto the surface, and back into orbit again, all without refueling. The RAPIERs are expected to be jettisoned after reaching LKO since the craft has sufficient TWR from her NERVs to get into Duna orbit.
Atmospheric entry takes some finesse and is safest in lowlands. Use negative collective and autorotation early on, then brake with a powered rotor. After that she flies and hovers well on Duna. To return to orbit, use rotor power to fly out of the lower atmosphere, then lock the rotor with the blades near-perpendicular to the fuselage, and fly out on atomics.
1 - Toggle power in fuel cells and motor engagement
5 - Set collective to zero
9 - Lock rotor
0 - Toggle rotor brake
F/B - Torque
U/D - Collective
A stock aircraft called BAK-9001D Super Kosmokopter. Built with 106 of the finest parts, its root part is mk2Cockpit.Inline.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.7.1.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 106
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote