Paste a url where
can be downloaded
It’s a Locomotive on rails!
- Two cylinders (single acting),
- Offset crankshaft for a better power stroke,
- Wheel configuration: 2-6-2. Two leading wheels, six driven wheels, two trailing wheels.
- Coupling on front and rear,
- Eight blowers, slightly offset from each other to reduce the hammering effect of the thrust on the pistons, valves, conrods and crankshaft,
- Valve cooling system,
- Smoke generator (blocked jet engine pointing up),
- Firebox with pseudo fire effect using Z-fighting (action group 0 toggles it),
- Runs on rails. Doesn’t run without.
- Max safe speed: 10.5 m/s.
Changelog version 1.1:
Redesigned pistons, reduced part count and reduced lateral movement.
Redesigned crossheads to reduce friction, mass and remove lateral movement.
Reduced possible points of failure.
Improved bearing strength.
Improved valve timing a lot.
Slightly increased diameter of the driving wheels.
Added balancing weights to the crankshaft.
Added two blowers.
Top speed increased from an unstable, wobbling 3.2 m/s to a relatively stable 10.5 m/s.
Too many parts? You can reduce the length of the track, it’s 0.5km.
Link to animation: https://gfycat.com/DescriptiveGlaringCapybara
steam locomotive. There’s obviously room for improvement.
Instructions: just hit stage, throttle at 50%. Then gently throttle up as it increases speed to reduce risk of overheating the valves.
Note: there’s no reverse (yet).
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.3.0.
- Type: SPH
- Class: rover
- Part Count: 825
- Pure Stock