Paste a url where
can be downloaded
One Rapier, Two Nukes, Two Panthers, Six Kerbals. Can reach Minmus orbit with over 1300dV still in the tank. Small cargo bay too, and an inline clamp-o-tron.
Suggested flight profile
- Take off manually, then set Prograde hold.
- Use action group 1 to toggle trim flap between nose up and nose down position, to control climb angle. If airspeed is decreasing, toggle to nose down, if accelerating rapidly, toggle nose up. About 15 degrees is a good initial climb angle.
- At around 9km it will start to encroach the transonic region and level off, even though you’ve got nose up trim set. At 250 m/s, set nose down trim and use action group 3 to toggle afterburners and nukes. This ensures a rapid progression through the transonic region.
- At 440m/s press action group 3 again to cancel nuke/afterburner.
- At 16km press action group 4 to switch to afterburner mode.
- Try to level off near 22km for the speedrun. It should be possible to reach 1350-1400 on air breathers alone.
- Press Space Bar to bring the nukes in.
- When the rapier flames out, action group 5 will switch mode and make use of our oxidizer.
- Type: SPH
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 50
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote