Paste a url where
can be downloaded
Penta Star craft updated for KSP 1.2.
In KSP 1.1x you’ll need a fuel balancer mod, but KSP 1.2 drains evenly from every tank (hooray!)
- Low Landing speeds, with 3 Vernier lift engines. Can safely land on Duna, and horizontally land on the Minmus flats.
- Two long mk2 cargo bays.
- On my first attempt, I got to orbit with over 1550 fuel remaining, though the cargo bay was almost empty.
- The centre of gravity is right in the middle of the two cargo bays. This means, if loaded sensibly, there should be no CG issues between full/empty
- Likewise, fuel tanks are distributed fore and aft so that there is no change of CG as fuel burns off
- Inherently stable in pitch, roll and yaw. Designed for hand flying with pitch trim.
1. Climb subsonic, then at 10km/Mach 0.82 set prograde to accelerate through sound barrier. Release prograde assist to resume climb
2. Adjust pitch trim to level off for a speed run 18-23km. At mach 4.2 press space bar to jettison Whiplash and start the NERV.
3. Adjust pitch trim for best L/D ratio - AoA of about 4.5 seems good.
4. When the Rapier flames out it will automatically switch to closed cycle to use up the oxidizer.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 60
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote