Paste a url where
can be downloaded
Penta Star craft updated for KSP 1.2.
In KSP 1.1x you’ll need a fuel balancer mod, but KSP 1.2 drains evenly from every tank (hooray!)
- Low Landing speeds, with 3 Vernier lift engines. Can safely land on Duna, and horizontally land on the Minmus flats.
- Two long mk2 cargo bays.
- On my first attempt, I got to orbit with over 1550 fuel remaining, though the cargo bay was almost empty.
- The centre of gravity is right in the middle of the two cargo bays. This means, if loaded sensibly, there should be no CG issues between full/empty
- Likewise, fuel tanks are distributed fore and aft so that there is no change of CG as fuel burns off
- Inherently stable in pitch, roll and yaw. Designed for hand flying with pitch trim.
1. Climb subsonic, then at 10km/Mach 0.82 set prograde to accelerate through sound barrier. Release prograde assist to resume climb
2. Adjust pitch trim to level off for a speed run 18-23km. At mach 4.2 press space bar to jettison Whiplash and start the NERV.
3. Adjust pitch trim for best L/D ratio - AoA of about 4.5 seems good.
4. When the Rapier flames out it will automatically switch to closed cycle to use up the oxidizer.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 60
- Pure Stock