Paste a url where
can be downloaded
An ultra low tech Juno/Terrier SSTO spaceplane that fits inside 30 part limit.
How I got to orbit (not saying this is the only way)
- Once at altitude, engage SAS in prograde mode. On Junos alone, it will eventually start oscillating between 8-10km at about mach 1.15
- Activate the Terrier to accelerate to mach 1.45 , throttle it down with the thrust limiter. MAch 1.45 is past the transonic high drag zone and the aircraft will now maintain 1.4 while oscillating between 11-15km on jet power alone.
- After that give another burst from rocket to hit mach 2. Modulate thrust with thrust limiter to stay there till 15km.
- At this point your jets are pretty much spent and close to flameout, turn the terrier up to 100% and eyeball your fuel gauge.
- At around 65km you can chop the power back, AP will continue to rise thanks to wing lift.
- Circularise. Then hurry up and land power electric power runs out !
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 30
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote