Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 110
- Mods: 2
- Squad (stock)
Mostly experimenting with a new silhouette compared to most of my twin engine fighter designs. I’m really happy with how this one turned out! This relatively ‘light’ single engine jet was inspired by cold war-era fighters and particularly the Embraer A29 Super Tucano in both general look and theoretical role. The Copperhead is meant to be a light attack jet able to fill a border patrol/light interceptor role. That said it can handle dogfights rather well, is far cheaper than twin engine fighters and (if only because the cockpit design does not allow for an actual cockpit) is completely unmanned with autonomous capabilities. While it may not be as powerful as twin jet fighters she is still considerably maneuverable (and an absolute joy to just fly around with Mouse Aim Flight and the Modified Chase Camera), and comes equipped with drop tanks, countermeasures and air-to-air missiles for retaliation, and air-to-ground guns and jdams.
- Mouse Aimed Flight with the modified camera is highly recommended. Keyboard controls are maneuverable but very sharp at times. MAF is especially good for dogfighting over keyboard.
- Ai computer not calibrated but is on board. May not perform to the best of its abilities until customized for the plane.
- Changed the position of the probe core to be more accessible to ‘control from here’ when switching between craft. Peeks out behind ‘cockpit’ in front of the AI computer.
- Warning: Stock landing gear are still relatively finicky especially with landings.
- Oddly enough the plane can fly fairly well without SAS AFTER takeoff. Takeoff is fine too but sometimes tends to lift off and then dip back down into the runway.
- Yes there is a second engine (J-33).
- Parts count can be brought down to about 80-90 if BDA items are removed. Possibly hard to see are ammunition boxes clipped into the spine of the plane, 50 cals in the intakes, and the weapon manager in front of the ‘cockpit.’
Made for KSP version 1.2(.1/etc.).
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote